Vibin Joseph is the Co-founder, Executive Director, and Chief Executive Officer at BiOZEEN, a company that's revolutionizing vaccine production and reducing the cost of vaccine manufacturing around the world. He's a technopreneur, business model enthusiast, and talent facilitator with a passion to make a better world through unleashing the potential of our times. He's an Engineer with degrees from Imperial College London, and a doctorate from Warwick University, United Kingdom.
His research interest lies in the cross-functional domains of systems design, productivity, design psychology, and moderating influencers in the pharmaceutical industry.
In this conversation we talk about:
- Reducing vaccine manufacturing costs, and how he went about breaking the monopoly on vaccine production, training people to produce locally using these open source methods.
- His motivation — how he was inspired by Ayurveda and holistic principles and holistic approaches to medicine, and how he was taught these basic principles of service from his grandparents.
- The history of vaccine production and its inefficiency.
- Why vaccines aren't a very appealing business.
- Bioreactors and how a more modular and adaptable approach, including self cleaning modules, could really help make the process cheaper and more efficient.
- How to break into a tough industry and how experience can sometimes be a baggage and prevent you from seeing the obvious.
- How he said no to being acquired by venture capital firms and stayed true to his purpose, which was lowering the cost of vaccines.
- And his spiritual perspective on leading a team, managing people, and creating value in the world.
This conversation with Vibin is one of a dozen or so weekly conversations we have lined up for you with people who are trying to make our world better. These include thinkers, designers, makers, authors, entrepreneurs, and impact investors who are working to change our world for the better. So follow this podcast on your favorite podcast app, or head over to remakepod.org to subscribe.
And now, let's jump right in with Dr. Vibin Joseph.
[5:24] Life in the Present
[9:04] Early Childhood Happiness
[11:32] A Journey to Biology
[14:55] The Scale of the Problem
[19:01] The Three Major Players
[23:04] Targeting the Manufacturers
[25:43] An Open Source Approach
[32:30] Universal Bioreactors
[36:55] Overcoming Skepticism
[45:43] Finding a Purpose
[52:27] A Short Sermon
- Vibin's Links
- Other Links
- Remake Podcast: Visit us: RemakePod.org
- Remake Labs: RemakeLabs.com・Medium・LinkedIn・Community・Twitter・Facebook・Instagram
- Eran Dror: EranDror.com・LinkedIn・Twitter・Medium