Patrick Lightbody is a 3rd time entrepreneur, and currently a Co-Founder of Reclaim.ai, a fascinating artificial intelligence startup promising to help optimize, time-box, and defend your schedule from distraction and meeting-creep.
Patrick is a self-professed Data Nerd, and has long roots in automation and big data. Being involved early with projects and companies like Selenium, OpenSymphony, and New Relic.
In this conversation we discuss:
[3:18] Patrick’s journey into making things
[8:38] Why Patrick misses the days of readable code and accessible web tinkering
[11:00] Patrick's early involvement with important open-source projects
[15:38] The influence of Patrick's first real professional mentor, and his methodical management philosophy.
[19:19] Patrick's early and crucial involvement with Selenium, the world's most popular automated testing platform.
[22:34] The social impact of automation.
[27:30] Patrick's relationship with data.The importance of uncovering the stories behind the data.
[34:35] The Social Dilemma -- Everyone is getting data from people and trying to create a model of what these people are going to be interested in, what is going to get their attention, etc.
[41:41] How Reclaim came to be.
[54:05] What's so special about Reclaim?
[59:10] Various productivity and time management methodologies.
[1:04:33] Reclaim as a GPS for Daily Life.
[1:08:57] Patrick's vision for Reclaim's future.
- Patrick Lightbody's Links
- Other Things Discussed
- 🌍 Jive Software
- 🌍 Selenium / Selenium Remote Control
- 📺 "Look at Your Data" , a talk by John Rauser at Velocity 2011
- 🌍 New Relic
- 🌍 Scratch Jr.
- 🌍 Swift Playgrounds
- 🎬 The Social Dilemma - Netflix (Official Trailer)
- 🌍 Facebook Messenger for Kids 😱
- 🌍 OKR
- 🌍 V2MOM
- 📘 Make Time by John Zeratsky and Jake Knapp
- 📘 Indistractable by Nir Eyal
- 📘 Hooked by Nir Eyal
- Remake Podcast: Visit us: RemakePodcast.org
- Remake Labs: RemakeLabs.com・Medium・LinkedIn・Community・Twitter・Facebook・Instagram
- Eran Dror: EranDror.com・LinkedIn・Twitter・Medium