Dr. Shahar Avin is a Senior Research Associate at the Center for the Study of Existential Risk (CSER) at Cambridge University, focusing primarily on risks associated with Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning algorithms.
We discuss discuss:
- Shahar’s unique approach of discovering truths through simulation and gaming
- His insights into how to fix the broken system of science-funding.
- The existential risks associated with the rise of Machine Intelligence.
- Shahar's project Intelligence Rising, in collaboration with Oxford University’s Future of Humanities Institute and my own Remake Labs, to create a strategic scenario game that will help educate decision makers on the possible risks and effects of the accelerating development in AI capabilities in the next few years.
- Dr. Shahar Avin's Links
- Remake Podcast: Visit us: RemakePodcast.org
- Remake Labs: RemakeLabs.com・Medium・LinkedIn・Community・Twitter・Facebook・Instagram
- Eran Dror: EranDror.com・LinkedIn・Twitter・Medium